To help you get to know the people at HealthEngine, please enjoy this series for the blog where we take you “Behind the Scenes at HealthEngine.”
Each week we’ll introduce you to one of our team members.
Engineering Team Lead
How long have you been with HealthEngine:
Tell us a bit about your day to day role:
Hey there! My role on the engineering team is to make sure we’re all pushing in the same direction. No two days look the same, sometimes I’ll be in a strategy session figuring out what colour button makes people not want to skip their doctor’s appointment, and other days I’ll be knee-deep in code, programming a feature that allows patients to video call their favourite doctor directly through the app.
Tell us about a recent HealthEngine project/effort you’re particularly proud of:
As part of the Growth team, one of our core focuses is on growing our Dentistry market. Oral hygiene is so important to our overall health, and I’m very excited by being able to make it simpler for people to take care of their dental work.
Now onto some fun facts… What are your 3 fave apps at the moment? (beyond HealthEngine, of course!):
- Star Map → It’s this amazing map for stargazing. You can use it to plan a night under the stars, or just to point your phone at the sky to get the name of a star.
- Blockudoku → It’s this addictive puzzle game that I just can’t seem to beat my partner’s high score on.
- Spotify → I love being able to share playlists with my friends, and some of the new features around lots of people playing music on one device are very cool.
Please share 3 things about your non-work life:
- I have been enjoying learning the piano in my spare time. My neighbours have not.
- I’m a big fan of the English soccer team Tottenham Hotspur, and try to watch the games when they’re not on at 4am.
- I run a game called Dungeons and Dragons with about 8 other people. It’s more like improv-comedy than serious fantasy, but it’s a lot of fun.
When borders open, name your dream travel destination:
Off the back of a Perth summer, I think somewhere snowy! I’d love to see Canada – the huge mountains and lakes.
To wrap this up, let’s end with some personal recommendations:
One song that’s been on hot-rotation is Night Running by Cage The Elephant and Beck, it’s a good tune to soundtrack an evening jog.