To help you get to know the people at HealthEngine, please enjoy this series for the blog where we take you “Behind the Scenes at HealthEngine.”
Each week we’ll introduce you to one of our team members.
Engineering Team Lead
Tell us a bit about your day to day role:
As an engineering lead, I’m responsible for the development and delivery of work carried out by the FROG and FOX teams. It looks like 1:1s to support the engineers, project planning with product and design, sprint meetings, catchups, and the odd bit of coding.
How long have you been with HealthEngine:
1719.50450627315 days and counting
Tell us about a recent HealthEngine project/effort you’re particularly proud of:
One of my proudest achievements was converting Prac Admin into a single page react app back in mid-2018. It was a mammoth effort but it laid the technical foundation to push us towards a faster, sleeker, more reliable way for us to build our web-based user experiences for our practice customers.
Now onto some fun facts… What are your 3 fave apps at the moment? (beyond HealthEngine, of course!):
- 0h n0 – a number puzzle game I’m badly addicted to
- Domain – if you’re thinking of renting, it’s super simple
- YouTube Music – using this makes me calmer
Please share 3 things about your non-work life:
- I’m really into video game development. I fell off the cart a bit in 2020 but with 2021 here, I’m rearing to fire it back up.
- I’ve been donating blood for ages now. I’m up to 64 donations at the moment.
- I’m an occasional vegetarian and tragic fried chicken addict. Help.
When borders open, name your dream travel destination:
Japan! It’s like slipping into a comfortable pair of pants (that’s an expression – fight me). 2020 broke my four year streak of annual visits, and I’d like to go full tour-guide on my girlfriend.
To wrap this up, let’s end with some personal recommendations:
My hottest recommendation is “I Think You Should Leave with Tim Robinson”. Amazing sleeping gem of a bizarre sketch series on Netflix. I think I’ve rewatched it over 8 times now.